Kudos to IMI for continuing to innovate and push the boundaries. A great story shared by dear friend and fellow tech enthusiast, Lukas Ritzel.
For the past few months some 80 international students of more than 20 different nationalities who currently study at IMI University Centre in Luzern, Switzerland have collected data to create the the world’s first crowd-sourced student guide. The iPhone App is a collaboration with Luzern Tourism which also has its own tourism city guide and covers much more than just the best places to have your pizza or beer. It’s about Swiss culture, stories about Heidi and even answers questions like: “Do Swiss people really eat most chocolate of all nationalities?”. The Student iPhone App also collects many of those insider tips which only international students currently living in Switzerland can know about, having lived abroad for such a long time.
The app is now a free download on the Apple App store from: http://bit.ly/e8byM6 (Direct Link). Alternatively search for “Luzern” and you will easily find the IMI University Centre iStudent Luzern app on the Apple iPhone Store.
The free app can be used and downloaded from everywhere and all participant students are listed in the app itself.
What’s so unique about this iPhone App?
- The world’s first international student guide with many different categories
- The first cityguide / international student guide which is totally crowdsourced, which means students provided all the content
- The guide covers all aspects related to international student life in Luzern, Switzerland but can also be of interest for somebody who is simply interested in Switzerland and its cultural aspects
- The IMI guide officially partners with the Luzern Tourism city guide which is as well a free download from the apple app store
The guide currently has 7 categories:
- Top Info – all that is essential for international students
- Top Rumours – what might be perceived but not always true about Switzerland/ Swiss people
- Why Luzern? the top 10 reasons why Luzern is one of the best places to be and to study
- Do’s and Don’ts – important to know if new to Swiss culture
- Education – Luzern is known to the world as a tourism hub is as well a university town and hosts thousands of international students
- Food – In different categories the best and cheapest food places that are available in Luzern
- Student Gems – special tips and selections of all the students participating at version 1.0
For more information and screenshots visit http://www.imiuniversitycentre.com/istudent_luzern.html